2012年11月4日 星期日

The most famous holiday in my hometown


       One of the most famous holidays in my hometown is the National Day. This day is important not only to my  hometown but to all the people in Taiwan. Taiwan's National Day, on October tenth, is the day when Sun Yat-sen led the revolutionists to overthrow the corrupted Qing Dynasty. What's more, Sun Yat-sen didn't succeed on his first rebel against Qing Dynasty, instead he succeeded on his eleventh rebel. He represented how Taiwanese could be when it comes to making contributions to Taiwan.

        On the National Day, people gather together with their families and watch splendid fireworks held every year. In addition, people use flags to decorate trees and some sideways. However, every year while I was about to hang up the flag, I cannot but feel sad about the history of Taiwan. As the red color on the flag symbolizes the blood and sacrifices of the revolutionists. Despite of the miserable history of Taiwan, the National Day brings out the solidarity and true spirits of Taiwanese people.

1 則留言:

  1. Haha, I like the National Day this year the most, because it is on Wednesday!!!

    回覆刪除